Office Furniture Brisbane: Things to Keep in Mind When Buying New Office Furniture
One of the most exciting things about having a new Brisbane office fitout is that you get to improve the look and functionality of your workplace. If you’ve decided to invest in new office furniture instead of recycling your old furnishings, you’ll also enjoy the feeling of “newness”, everyone will feel better about going to work the next day. Before you get all excited about the prospect of having new furniture in your office, here are a few things you should keep in mind when shopping for your workplace.
Important Reminders on Buying Office Furniture
- Consider your budget. As you may know, creating a budget is an important aspect of any office fitout as it prevents you from spending more money than you should. To avoid running up the bill quickly when shopping for new furniture, you need to set a budget. You must determine early on how much you are willing to spend on new office furniture, and how many pieces you need to buy. Your budget will then make it easier to determine the quality and quantity of the furniture pieces you need to buy.
- Take note of available office space. Apart from your budget, the amount of space you have in your office will also help you determine the type of furniture you need to purchase. For example, if you only have a few employees and a limited office space, co-working tables are great options to consider. But if you have more employees and a bigger office, then individual work desks would make more sense.
- Take your employees’ comfort into consideration. Because your staff will be the ones using the furniture, it is only logical to ensure that the chairs, tables, or desks you choose for them are comfortable. If your employees are not happy with the setup of their Brisbane office furniture, it can affect their mood and ability to work properly. This, in turn, could lead to poor work performance and low business productivity.
- Choose good lighting for your office. Whether you are moving to a new place or you are giving your current office a makeover, make sure that it is equipped with good lighting. Remember that every workplace needs good lighting, no matter what the nature of your business is. To improve productivity and efficiency, lighting should be placed where it benefits your staff the most. And if you want to minimise your energy consumption, try switching to LEDs or fluorescent lights.
- Make sure the furnishings provide coherence. Unless you’re gunning for an eclectic look for your office, make sure that the furniture pieces you’ll choose have a consistency of colour and design. This way, the office will look coherent and united instead of messy and disorganised. Always remember that employing a consistent furniture scheme will help you create calmness and unity in your office.
- Consider the material of your office furniture. Cleaning and maintaining office furniture is a must, as it helps extend their life span. For every type of office or commercial fitout in Brisbane, you need to consider the type of material used in the furnishings. They should be easy to clean and maintain, so you can save time and effort.
Specific Pieces of Office Furniture in Brisbane
When buying specific types of office furniture, here are a few pointers you need to consider.
- Office desks. When it comes to office desks, functionality should be your top priority. They should be large enough that your staff can write and work from their desktop computer at the same time. They should also have enough leg space underneath so your employees can stretch when needed. And finally, the desks should be durable so you won’t have to get replacement in just a year or two.
- Office chairs. Most employees sit on their office chairs in Brisbane for at least eight hours a day, it’s important to choose office chairs that offer the right amount of comfort. They should not be too hard, nor too soft, and more importantly, the office chairs should be adjustable and should provide optimum support to prevent aches and pains.
- Storage. Having ample storage space is a must in any workplace. It helps keep your office neat, tidy, and organised. Consider creating individual workspace storage for your staff. This way, they have a place where they can safely keep and easily access important files and project data.
- Partitions. To ensure privacy and workplace productivity, you should consider setting up cubicle partitions or dividers in your office. According to experts, this is the most convenient and cost-effective way to give everyone in your office their own mini-office while still allowing them to communicate easily with each other.
Shopping for new furniture is one of the best parts of an office fitout in Brisbane. If you want to improve the functionality and efficiency of your workplace, contact Urban Group for advice. As a total concept office fitout company, they also supply the very best value office furniture Brisbane has available. Save time, money, and effort, phone Urban on 07 3620 8500 for more information.